Bethesda Academy is an equal employment and service provider. Applicants should be able to understand, embrace, and model Bethesda’s core values: a love of God, a love of learning and strong work ethic. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and submit to a criminal background check and drug test.
Interested applicants may forward a resume to:
Ms. Terry Longworth, Director of Human Resources
P. O. Box 13039
Savannah, GA 31416
Dining Hall Assistant
Position Overview: Reporting to the Dining Hall Director, the Dining Hall Assistant will assist in preparing and distributing nutritionally balanced meals to students, faculty, staff, and guests. The Dining Hall Assistant shall be evaluated annually by the Dining Hall Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows recipes and instructions to cook and prepare food for serving; using institutional food service production equipment
- Arranges food and beverage items on serving lines attractively for customers during breakfast, lunch and/or dinner
- Assists with cleanliness of kitchen, equipment, utensils, and surrounding areas
- Maintains inventory for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner
- Stocks food, condiments, and other supplies for the serving line
- Assists with stocking the cooler, freezer, and storage space
- Adheres to food safety protocols
- Provides instruction for students assigned to the Food Service Internship
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Performs other duties necessary for the effectiveness of the department and organization
Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED; vocational courses or training in culinary skills preferred. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Join our farm! We are seeking a part time vegetable production manager and teaching assistant for 20 hours a week. We are a part of Bethesda Academy an all boys nonprofit school in Savannah, Georgia. We work with high school students to teach a strong work ethic and foster land stewardship while developing entrepreneurial skills and teamwork attitude.
The farm assistant is responsible for daily maintenance of the fields and facilities, upkeep of the crops and greenhouse, helping with local deliveries and supervising student interns.
Tasks include: seeding, weeding, insect control, mowing and brush cutting, fence repair, harvesting, packaging and loading and driving deliveries.
This is a physical job requiring strenuous outdoor work in all kinds of weather. Some weekend / holiday hours required. Successful applicants will demonstrate experience in and dedication to farming, community outreach, healthy eating and working with youth and will need to complete a background check and drug screen.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter describing their experience and training to: Merrin.email@example.com
Bethesda Academy Farm
9520 Ferguson Ave
Savannah, GA 31406