A well-planned charitable gift has many benefits. It can protect your assets, often increase your income, and significantly reduce your current and future tax burden. Planned giving also provides Bethesda Academy the necessary financial security which allows us to focus on educational excellence through our values – a love of God, a love of learning and a strong work ethic – and teaching strategies; and ensure governance is held accountable to high standards of quality and expertise. A planned gift is a wonderful way to guarantee a bright future for the young men of Bethesda Academy.
• Increased income for you and your family.
• Capital gains tax avoidance on gifts of long-term capital gains assets.
• Immediate income tax savings.
• Reduction of high federal estate taxes.
• The ability to defer income until needed.
• Diversification and professional management.
• And finally…making a difference to secure Bethesda Academy’s future.
• Give to Bethesda Academy’s general endowment fund. You can be assured that every dollar given to Bethesda is used wisely and positively impacts the daily life of our students, faculty and staff, and to support programs and projects that strengthen the Bethesda Academy experience.
• Name a Faculty Chair and/or establish an endowed fund to provide ongoing professional development opportunities for our teachers and staff.
• Help to build the school’s campus grounds and facilities endowment.
• Be creative! Bethesda Academy can work with you to design a charitable plan that is the perfect match for you and our school.
• Allows you to use asset during lifetime
• Reduces estate tax
• Make large contribution not possible during lifetime
• Fixed payments to you for life
• Guaranteed by Bethesda Academy’s assets
• Immediate tax deduction
• Immediate tax deduction
• Variable or fixed payments
• Partially tax free for period of time
• Reduce capital gains tax
• Provides fixed payments to school for a period of years
• Income tax deduction or estate and gift tax savings
• Principal reverts to donor at end of period
• May reduce transfer tax on gifts to heirs
• Higher rates than regular Gift Annuity
• Income deferred to year you choose
• Immediate tax deduction
• Make Bethesda Academy the policy owner
• Tax deduction for surrender value
• Any future payments are deductible
• Donate outright for immediate tax deduction
• Retained Life Estate
• Donate securities, antiques, art, etc
• Eliminate capital gains and estate taxes
“You learn ‘a love of God, a love of learning, and a strong work ethic’ and it all helps put you together into a person who finds himself.”
“Alumnus from 1987-1990, pre-Academy days. I can say without a doubt Bethesda made a huge difference in my life. I am happy to see how the organization has evolved and look forward to visiting the museum on my next trip to Savannah!”
“My son attended Bethesda for 3 years. He loved it and so did I. He’s a 2016 graduate with honors. Thank you for your dedication.”
“I found my ability to work hands-on – and find that I not only enjoy it, but do it better than most.”
“The learning is totally different. The teachers are a lot more attentive – even more respectful and have more patience.”
“Since I lived in the cottage, it definitely taught me how to take care of myself…and come out of my shell.”
“The key difference between public school and Bethesda is its ‘family’ here.”
“Given the opportunity, these boys will become leaders. To the extent that we can lift these young men above their circumstances, we are helping to equip leaders for our future.
“When people believe in you love you, and support you, you can go far in life. From Dr. Tribble to the dining hall staff, everyone at bethesda provided correction, direction, and guidance. They always cared about me as a person.”
“These people believed in me. They always have. Bethesda has never turned their back on me!”
“Thanks to Bethesda’s supporters I was able to attend a prestigious school like SCAD and now my future looks bright. Without people willing to financially support Bethesda, there would be many young people with a very uncertain future.”
“Bethesda gave me the opportunity to better myself in a solid learning environment.”
“Bethesda is like an extended family. We’re working as a team to give these boys what they need to be successful.”
“The team (2012 Blazers) played with dedication, they played unselfishly, and that’s the way you have to play to be champions.”
“Everyone who works here understands the value of family, and that is what we are at Bethesda, a family.”
“It’s special to have the opportunity to make a daily impact on a young man’s life.”
“I think that all of us who support Bethesda do so for the boys and the wonderful mission of Bethesda. How fortunate we are that the State of GA allows us a tax credit that we can take advantage of through our GOAL Scholarship Program. I write the check, the state reimburses me, and the boys benefit. Wow!”
“Of all my volunteer work, the service to the young men of Bethesda Academy has been the most engaging and meaningful.”
“When thinking about charities to donate to this year, I hope you will consider Bethesda. Your contribution could make such a difference in the life of a child.”
“Bethesda provided my son with a perfect blend of an academic and spiritual education.”
“The success I had at the University of Georgia is due to what I was taught at Bethesda.”
“Bethesda gave me the building blocks to become the person I am today.”
“The same work ethic that is taught in the classroom and in Work Experience is expected on the playing field. I know that if I can be successful in sports through hard work, I can be successful anywhere.”
“My houseparents gave me the freedom to make my own choices, but they held me accountable for those decisions.”
“My teacher tells us that men are judged by the way they work, by what they do, not what they say. I’ll take that philosophy with me when I enter the work world.”
“Bethesda prepared me for college life in both my study habits and my ability to balance school and work.”
“Before I came to Bethesda, I was sometimes embarrassed by my faith. Now I feel more free to practice my love for God.”